Wednesday, June 01, 2005

instead of this

My obgyn suggested I wait a week or two before putting anything near my cervix. This is for comfort as well as preventing infections. So no dicks, dildos, tampons, or instead menstrual cups.

I miss my instead!

This is my first period without them in over a year. It is also my first pad-only period since sixth grade.

I keep forgetting to put a spare in my bag. Usually, I rinse out the instead cups and use them again for a day or so. (My gyn has okayed this.) But pads only hold so much until overflow. Is it my imagination or have all the tampon/pad dispensers disappeared from ladies’ rooms? The only times I have had leaks with instead is when I inserted them wrong or when I sleep with one on the first or second night of my rag. My jeans now have two rust lines on either side of the crotch.

I had forgotten that very special sensation of hauling ass on a hot day in jeans with a full pad. As Dacia likes to say, crotch soup.

2 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

I am quite content at not being able to empathize with you, dear Jane, but I can only imagine the unpleasurable discomfort.

Hopefully next month will be better.

-G

6/01/2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger Librarian Babe said...

So you've noticed all the tampon and pad dispensers disappearing too eh? Or more accurately, the dispensers are there but they're never filled and still have 5 cent tampons advertised.

I love me the Keeper. Couldn't go back now. I remember all too well pad hell in jnr. high and hs... mom, a former nurse, wouldn't get me tampons due to the toxic shock risk. Oy. Had to buy them in the dispenser in the girl's locker room at school so I could bear gym during my period.

6/01/2005 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home