Monday, November 22, 2004

adios adult friend finder

i officially closed my account today. after a 20 day trial, they provided zero clientele, including filtered messages. no love for aff.

so, i'm investigating alternative advertising for the new year. i don't know how i feel about the review sites, and i'm not invested enough to dole out a chunk of change at this point. i would like to renew efforts on the collective, but have to post personal business first if i ever want to get that off the ground.

i own a web page in addition to the eventual collective site (where i'm http://www.eroticalternative.com/MeetJane.html, misspellings and all). i could set it up for whoring, but wanted it to be for sex writing and activism and stuff, not that it couldn't be both. i just don't want to book dates and workshops through the same site.

it's just that time of reassessment again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Algor Langeaux said...

AFF always caters to folks that would rather bitch and moan about the fact that they aren't getting any, instead of actually going out and getting laid one way or another.

I think it is the nature of the beast... people that actually want to get laid figure that out before too long and end up leaving the service... For myself, I keep their free account open... and have actually met a couple of new friends this month from there, entirely out of the blue...

...if they like what they see, they can always pay to contact you. Which gets them into the habit of paying... which if that is the goal, would be a good thing methinks...

11/23/2004 10:10 AM  
Blogger The Bastard said...

I agree with Algor's comments; You're only going to get something out of AFF, if you put something into it. I've met a few people, but I really don't feel comfortable blowing money on a site like that, especially because it feels less like a venture designed to help you meet people, and more like a business to drain you of every cent possible.

I've met more people through writing stories at my blog or at literotica than at aff, and both are free, easier to use, and much more productive.

The only -real- bonus to AFF is regional searching.

The Bastard
upstatekinkybastard.blogspot.com

11/23/2004 4:11 PM  
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Personally, I think AFF is a total waste of time, but that's just me and I've not put in enough effort, nor will I, to form a detailed opinion.

For multiple safety reasons, I would go with a separate web site. We've tried just about everything and that's produced the best results. You know where to find me if you need more info.

-G

11/23/2004 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home