Wednesday, July 20, 2005

this is really happening

the movers will be here in less than four hours.

my life has been divided into car, movers, and left behind (further divided to friends, goodwill, and trash).

i had my last session with my therapist, said my goodbyes, drove by the four places i have lived in nyc (including the rubble of kate millet's former loft on bowery and houston), hung out with roommate, cleared my holds and picked up my diploma (and promptly left it at the counter of dunkin donuts).

the city is driving me out to the land of central air. sweat has not stopped pouring from my body all day. every time i pee i take a quick cold shower. the drips from my hair are salty again within five minutes. i have heat rash from the back of my knees to my ass and i can't remember where i packed the baby powder.

i threw out my old socks and underwear. i'll buy new panties on the road and i won't need socks for a few more months in houston. i have thrown out and given away most of my shoes (dacia got the best pairs) so that the few pairs remaining fit in a single suitcase.

the sun is coming up. i need to close my eyes if i want to open them in time for the movers. i'm nauseous and dizzy with adrenalin and heat.

and here i go.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Bye bye, sweetie. Enjoy Houston. See you at X-Mas, if not before.

7/20/2005 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move. Look forward to your updates once you're settled.

7/20/2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger Librarian Babe said...

Good luck kiddo. I really hope we keep in touch and I get to see you again (soon!).

HUGS!

7/20/2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

I think we can all agree that this will be an interesting change. I am delightfully curious to see who adjusts to whom faster: you or Houston. You've had time to prepare. I'm not sure Houston got the memo, though. ;)

-G

7/21/2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

it has been hot. enjoy your new home

7/22/2005 6:37 AM  
Blogger j-roc said...

Damn.

Just found you and you're leaving my town...

Hard to believe that somebody would find the heat in Manhattan insufficient and move to Houston.

I like what I've read here. Good luck on the move - I'll come see your site again.

J

7/26/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Operator15 said...

Best wishes an good luck.

Great Blog BTW. My Blog wants to be just like your Blog when it grows up.

7/26/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger 00goddess said...

Garrison obviously underestimates this city :)

Drop me an email when you get settled, my dear. See you soonish!

7/27/2005 4:47 AM  
Blogger erl said...

i'm gathering that you're starting your masters? good luck, it's totally worth it.

7/28/2005 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home