Monday, April 25, 2005

a hairy idea

with my illness i stopped shaving. wasn't worth the effort it took to stand in the shower an extra five minutes that could be spent asleep. and i realized how things have changed. more specifically, my hair has undergone a dramatic shift.

when i was born i had blond curls and blue eyes (i could of kicked the charmin baby's ass). however, after my first haircut, my hair came in brown and straight (the eyes darkened as well).

about the time i turned 18, my hair started to have a gentle wave. i learned that if i knotted it in a bun while wet, it would set in curls. i had no idea of the extent of the change. until i cut my lower-back length hair to my chin and nape of my neck (i style i had rocked in my my-so-called-life phase). i was surprised to find it spring up to my ear lobes. i had some hardcore curlage. and it hasn't gone away even as the hair has grown below my breasts (much longer when wet).

inversely, my pubic hair has gone the opposite route. originally my twat and armpits housed tight spirals (although the armpits never got much of a chance to develop). i didn't realize one could style a bush until i hit college, so i grew quite fond of the curls (particularly when pulled upon during oral sex). now that they have had a chance to return, i'm shocked to find my bush and pits devoid of a single curl.

i'm sure we can find a way to blame hormones. but for now i apreciate my hair for its curls and quirks.

2 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Hair is interesting. It's one of those aspects of our bodies that never stops changing.

-G

4/25/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger introspectre said...

My midwife told me it was hormonal changes- I had beautiful curly hair before I got pregnant. During pregnancy it all dropped out of my hair, oddly enough. 8 years later there is the slightest wave, but that's it.
Odd.

4/26/2005 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home