Friday, March 25, 2005

crawling back from the dead

so i am back in the city after a week and a half in my mother's care in ohio. the infections are backing off and now i'm just exhausted as opposed to coughing up a lung while lodged in the fetal position by grimace-inducing abdominal pain. my nurse practitioner says i can try to return to work next week, but might want to start with half days. my boss and coworkers (and friends and family) have been exceptionally supportive and don't want me to push myself too hard. it's nice to feel valued when you're away.

so, as i regain consciousness, i promise to blog again. thanks for the supportive comments and emails and kinky nurse cards (ms. librarian, naughty girl, i opened it when my mom was in the room!).

more later, but a line to let ya'll know i'm alive (and occasionally prone to texan conjunctions when i'm in sub-par conditions, such as sick, drunk, or surrounded by family).

ps dacia has promised to post a "jane is dead" blog if ever necessary. we've had plenty of time to discuss my eulogy in the er.

5 Comments:

Blogger Librarian Babe said...

Sorry! I had no idea you'd be at your mother's, but I'm glad to hear you were in your mom's care. I'm also glad that you're feeling better (and hope the card gave you a smile at some point!)

I just figured it would be nice to send you an ecard hoping you get well soon, then though how about a kinky ecard for the Educated Slut! Harry and I send them to each other now and then... Come to think of it I haven't sent one to him in a while. Excuse me....

3/25/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Feel better soon~

3/25/2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, sweetie. Although the plans for a "Jane is dead" blog creep me out a bit...

Anyway, welcome back. Once you're feeling better, we must engage in stuff.

3/26/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

See, no one ever tells me ANYTHING! I would have sent a card, too!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, though. DO take care!

-G

3/26/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger introspectre said...

AWWWW!
You poor dear!
Stupid internet with its inability to send soup and goofy movies and chocolates and fluffy pillows....just feel the love. Feel it?

4/07/2005 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home