Sunday, May 01, 2005

i had a dream

I was visiting my mother from wherever I was living a pseudo-conservative professional life (I was wearing a suit and my hair was up, I’m sure my politics were still radical). We were watching the news and there was a story on a senator trying to ban sex workers and former sex workers from public schools, including public colleges.

Dacia was organizing the opposing representative. She was on the news and in the newspapers. And leading a debate that evening. So I drove over.

The debate was in an elementary school cafeteria. Dacia was finishing her statements when I arrived. I sat down on the floor (a feat in my suit skirt) next to a crowd dressed in white.

The senator speaks. People go up to him to shake his hand while he is still at the podium. The white folks (sex worker activists that were from a group that was a cross or combination between PONY, COYOTE, $pread, and SWP) rise around me. They form two lines and file by him, shaking his hand on either side. He looks horrified but is stuck. I watched in awe, thinking that this man was convinced he was surrounded by prostitutes. I knew many of the individuals were from a variety of sex work professions and some were “just activists”.

After the debate, I congratulated Dacia and went looking for the bathroom. Ended up on a school bus with supporters of the politician. We parked on a pier by the river. There was a bar set up on the pier (think little bar on wheels hotels will wheel around to conference rooms when they are being used for receptions). I was trying to find my way off the pier when I was approached by the senator. He handed me a drink and put his hand on my ass. He started talking about “those filthy disgusting whores” while kneading my ass.

I turned to him, removed his hand from my ass, and said, “I am a whore.” He looked me up and down, shot me a withering glare, and said “When was the last time you turned a trick.”

When I told him I hadn’t tricked in years (in the future, remember), he said, then you’re hardly a whore. He then pulled me against his hard on. He gave me the choice of fucking him for $300 to prove I’m a whore or blowing him for free to prove I am not. I felt trapped.

I woke up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Audacia Ray said...

Goddammit, I had another dream about eating a sandwich last night, and you get this psychological gem?

5/01/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

So, does that count as a "going back to school" dream or not?

-G

5/01/2005 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Power is so wierd in our minds.

I'm having a quotey moment, so...

"The most striking difference between ancient and modern sophists is that the ancients were satisfied with a passing victory of arguement at the expense of truth, whereas the moderns want a more lasting victory at the expense of reality" - Hannah Arendt

5/02/2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home