Monday, May 02, 2005

happy masturbation month

May is mastubation month! and i expect each and every one of you to celebrate.

as part of my job that i am leaving in less than two weeks (happy dance), i assembled a large calendar database of holidays and anniversaries. so, i'm thinking of adding a "this day in history" feature to my blog. let me know what you think. if it's dull and boring and stupid, i'll listen to your vetos.

so, here's the test run.

May is
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Asthma & Allergy Awareness Month
Eat Dessert First Month
Haitian Heritage Month
National Hepatitis Awareness Month
National Masturbation Month
National Mental Health Month
National Osteoporosis Awareness Month
Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
Women’s Health Care Month

Additionally, this week is Be Kind to Animals Week and Children's Mental Health Week.

May 1st is May Day and Stepmother's Day.

May, 1948
Alfred Kinsey's Sexual Behavior in the Human Male is published

May 1, 1866
American Equal Rights Association formed
Lucretia Mott is elected president

May 1, 1830
Birthday of Mary Harris Jones
“Mother Jones”, American labor leader and organizer

May 1, 1855
Feminist Lucy Stone marries Henry Blackwell
The couple wrote their own vows removing the word obey. Lucy Stone kept her maiden name.

May 1, 1950
Gwendolyn Brooks wins Pulitzer Prize
The first African American to win a Pulitzer prize for her book of poetry, Annie Allen


And because it is already May 2nd

May 2, 1903
Birthday of Benjamin Spock
American pediatrician and author

May 2
Melanoma Monday
Skin Cancer Awareness

May 2
Sibling Appreciation Day

4 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out some way to appropriately recognize all these events without hurting myself ... ;)

Hey, should we organize a massive on-line jerk off?

-G

5/02/2005 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd sign up for the online jerk off ... - after all, it would be wrong not to celebrate such an important month right?

5/02/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Librarian Babe said...

As a librarian I check out lists of "month" stuff every month so I can put out book displays. Somehow I think putting up a masturbation month display would get me in trouble, even if I wasn't the children's librarian.

You missed "Transportation Month" I have displays up for that and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Kids love cars, trucks, trains, boats, planes, etc... had to run with Transportation Month

I'll just celebrate the masturbation stuff alone, and then with Harry when I see him. :-) Thanks for letting us know. I think a ritual with candles, scented massage oil and my best sex toys is in order.

5/02/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger New Age Harlot said...

May has always been the month of sex. Dancing round the maypole was all about sex. What about 'More than Masturbation' Month?
I made 29th May my own Happy Womb Day.
It was the day I saw my womb on a screen. It was happy, pink and smiling.

5/03/2005 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home