Friday, January 14, 2005

fame

so audacia and i are featured in the super sexy rachel kramer bussel's lusty lady voice column this week http://www.villagevoice.com/people/0503,bussel,60079,24.html. and yes, she is the lovely woman that has made me giggle and fed me cupcakes from my cleavage at a comedy show (try to say that five times fast) over the past few months.

it was weird to see a conversation held months ago suddenly present itself as current. i had flash back to my eighth grade newspaper journalist days when (between my investigative reporting comparing the sexual discrimination present in the discrepancies of the boys and girls locker room facilities and the battle of the sexes ultimate basketball showdown) i attempted a gossip column. it was a small school and i was in the loop so had quite a few scoops in my four paragraphs of initials and innuendo. and i handed it in fresh. but not everyone on staff turned in their assignments in as timely a manner. consequently, when my column appeared almost two months later, it was stale. those who had crushed moved on. those hooking up now hated each other. and others who had hounded me to include them were pissed about the content implied.

but i have a feeling this lusty lady experience will fare better than jr. high. for one thing it got me two dates (and a third this saturday, if we can tame our schedules enough to breath in each other's presence). i'm just hoping it won't bite me in the ass (not in that good way).

5 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

Ah, fame.

Next you'll have paparazzi stalking your blog. ;)

-G

1/14/2005 8:04 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Beautiful. I'll pick up a copy when I'm out tomorrow.

1/14/2005 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sono passato di qua

1/18/2005 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sincerly hope one day you get the help you're going to need when you get out. 6 years on after I gave up the lie that being a whore was peachy and I still have difficulties holding together sometimes.

Youth is wasted on the youth...don't waste the rest of your life too.

You can laugh and make fun of this old whore now the way so many foolish young girls do when I try to help them from ending up like me but I'm not going to stop, even if I have to put drag my sisters out of the life I'll do it cause you all deserve so much better.

1/20/2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

There's a fairly interesting discussion on Feministing (http://www.feministing.com/) regarding the article you were part of. I'm curious to hear your response.

Basically, the article is being called for it's lack of class/race analysis (some say classist and racist analysis). In particular, lines like "They look like any young, white, femme-y girl, dressed up for a night on the town." are taken to task.

1/20/2005 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home