Tuesday, January 11, 2005

back

my computer is back!
and working!

although the two did not occur simultaneously. my dell was returned with a new motherboard the week of christmas. only the problem accessing the internet (little strobing error messages) was still raging. but i've been working my ass off (unfortunately not selling my ass) and needed the other functions that were still working.

i took today off of the office job to visit the psychiatrist and my lovely therapist and eat hotdogs and read john irving and sleep. but before i left the house, i woke up early to call tech support again.

after twenty minutes on hold, i was able to speak to a human. this human made it clear that since it was more than 21 days past the invoice date, i could not return or exchange my computer (although it was prior to 21 days that i had to send it in for the first set of repairs). i am now a strong advocate of computer lemon legislation. long and short, i reset my comp & wiped out the hardrive to day of delivery. but it works again.

so i'm back. really and truly this time.
jane.

6 Comments:

Blogger DementedPhotographer said...

We have SO missed you!!

Well, at least I have. I guess I shouldn't presume to speak for anyone else. ;)

Although I just really don't believe I'm alone in my opinion.

-G

1/11/2005 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me miss you long time also...

l-l-laust

1/12/2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Algor Langeaux said...

You have been missed...
but I think we have all been there at one time or another, so it is very understandable.
...just glad to have you back.

1/12/2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger brainhell said...

Wintel is no good.

1/12/2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Librarian Babe said...

Oh happy day! Our Janey is back! (Now if I could get rid of the incessant migraines plaguing me, life would be just peachy.) Garrison was right, WE have missed you... all of us I'm sure.

1/12/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Huzzah! We must celebrate at some point (although not Saturday, because I have a birthday party to go to. Unless you want to dress up all fancy to hang out in Brooklyn with people you've never met.)

1/13/2005 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home