Sunday, May 28, 2006

sex work to social work

death of the blue haired waitress

so my hair is now red again (as you may have noted on my last nyc visit). it is also shorter.

and a week ago i waitressed my last shift.

the following morning i started a new job as a residential advisor at a housing shelter for teenagers. the work is intense but rewarding (i hope). the hours are long and overtime is guaranteed. but the pay is close to nothing. consequently, i'm leaving my beautiful apartment in montrose and moving elsewhere.

cha-cha-cha-cha-changes...

so chances are my blogging will slack even more, unless i happen to develop a sex life (outside of work, duh). apologies in advance. wish me luck as i embark.

8 Comments:

Blogger Librarian Babe said...

Good luck sweetie. :-) Working with teenagers is extremely tough but can be richly rewarding. It's hard to reach many of them, but as my library director pointed out, if you reach one kid a year just think how many you'll help over a career. (Granted, you may not stick with this for a long career, but I really think that even if you help one kid get on track and grow up successfully it's a huge accomplishment to be proud of.)

Next time you're in NYC I hope you'll have time to look me up and say hi.

5/29/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Viviane said...

I wish you nothing but the best, Jane! Hopefully I'll see you on your next swing through NYC.

5/29/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger brainhell said...

Good luck!

5/29/2006 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane that's great! I'm wishing you much happiness and I hope you blog about your new life. Who cares if there's sex in it?

ember

6/08/2006 4:20 AM  
Blogger openeyes said...

One stop at your blog and I couldn't stop reading. Thanks for sharing so much with us.

7/08/2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Ischelle said...

You live on montrose? I used to. I love it there.
Where is this shelter you speak of?

I hope these changes go well with you.

7/09/2006 5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best, and hope to see you posting here again eventually.

7/20/2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Camilla said...

Good luck with everything, Jane.

9/12/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home